How to do an oven to dry oils

by - 3:12

The last week I do a miniature proyect, all with oils. This means a few thing, and the one that matters in our article is the drying time of this kind of paints.

if you do a layer with oils, normally you´ll have to waint 2 or 3 days until it´s completely dry.

The oils don´t have water in their composition, they have oil, thats the because of long drying time.

I decided to make a oven to deal with this issue.


First of all you´ll need a metallic box. I stole this from my mother. A cookies box storage.



In the bottom , we make a hole to put the lamp inside, and keep the lamp attach.

 Remember, bigger enough to put inside, but not to much because the other way the lamp could damage our miniature.


 I´´use a 60 w lamp. This will give me a nice temperature. aprox 1 or 1:30 hour to dry the miniature.

It´s important that you keep in mind that you can only put inside the oven a metal miniature and if you move away a little more the miniature, a resine cast will be work to. The ideal distance is 5-10cm to metal figures, and 20-25 to resine figures.
never ever, put a plastic one inside.




 This will be my lamp.


As you can see de hole holds my lamp, and keep a little part inside. Thats teh part where I´ll put the 60 w lamp.

The inside of the metallic box with the 60w .

As you can see, for move away the lamp of miniature I build a estructure with stryrofoam and wood.
I realized later that the wood wouldn´t be necesary, because my figure was made of metal.


I covered the edge of the box with plastic paper, so the dust can´t get inside my miniature while it´s drying.



And this is all for now. If you have any questions about oils please don´t be shy and let me a comment.

You May Also Like

1 comentarios